How do I access NIH Toolbox Measures?
NIH Toolbox measures are administered in Assessment Center, a free - online data collection tool that enables researchers to create study-specific websites for capturing participant data securely online.
Prior to using the NIH Toolbox measures, you will need to go to Assessment Center and register. Follow the Register New User link in the upper right corner of the Assessment Center site. You can access the Assessment Center user manual to learn how to set up a study. More about Assessment Center >>>
Access to NIH Toolbox Measures
When you are ready to request access to NIH Toolbox measures for administration using Assessment Center, please respond to the preliminary survey questions in our NIH Toolbox New User Survey
After the survey is completed, we will contact you with more information.
The NIH Toolbox team is committed to being responsive to requests for information about NIH Toolbox. Inquiries are answered Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Central Time, except holidays. We will do our best to respond within 3 business days.
NIH Toolbox measures requirements:
- Windows 7 laptop and Internet Explorer 8.0 or 9.0. ( IE 8.0 or IE 9.0)
- Firefox and Safari are not supported. Internet Explorer 10 is not supported.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1368 x 768 (1440 x 900 preferred)
- Cognition and Sensation instruments also require a 19" external monitor capable of 1440 x 900 resolution.The monitor must be designated as the primary display and must be placed to the LEFT of the laptop.
- Adobe Flash for sound and movies
Internet connectivity is required for use of NIH Toolbox measures
There is no offline version
Internal Bluetooth (only required if you are using the NIH Toolbox Standing Balance Test)
Up to 4 USB ports